Friday, December 2, 2011

With phatrfit's question, I have a friend who is in an overseas LDR, me and a few others try to explain why it can be difficult, and try to help him realise it won't last, but would you have any advice I could pass on to him?

I do think it's possible to have an LDR but it's very difficult. It takes a lot of trust but even w/ that everyone needs human contact/interaction. If they're both committed and this is well w/in a reasonable time span (say while someone is going to school, something w/ a definite end date for them moving closer together) I say it may be worth it. Otherwise there's no point. Eventually someone meets someone closer who can provide the closeness all humans need... even the most trusted companions can falter at some point when lonely and weak...

anything

No comments:

Post a Comment